Pelantas Forum Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LMPE discussion, bug reports and feature requests Options · View
Brindleleaf
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 8:47:42 PM
Groups: Member

I haven't been able to see my battle from saturday in either viewer, tried to two different computers...
DiMtopia
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 2:39:26 AM

is there any chance this will be updated to be compatible with firefox 4.0?

Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.
Madrar
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:09:15 PM

DiMtopia wrote:

I'm aware of the issue since the official release of FF4. I will try my best to fix it by next Monday.
DiMtopia
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 4:43:54 PM

Madrar wrote:
DiMtopia wrote:

I'm aware of the issue since the official release of FF4. I will try my best to fix it by next Monday.

no rush mate, i was just curious :)

i delayed upgrading to ff4 but after the battle on saturday i did it and now i already miss the lmpe :(

Jam Greatbeard
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 7:01:22 PM

After a firefox update (4.01) I can't install the LMPE.
I get the message that the LMPE-file is corrupted?
Madrar
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:13:44 PM

I know, I'm working on it. Sorry for that, I'll update soon.
DiMtopia
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:25:08 PM

Madrar wrote:
I know, I'm working on it. Sorry for that, I'll update soon.

damn, i knew i forgot to post here.

you don't have to worry about updating.
to make lmpe work for firefox 4 just install this firefox add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/

Madrar
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 2:17:17 AM

Ok, I just fixed it for FF 4, and hopefully won't have to fix it again for future versions of the browser. I'm sorry for the delay, I wasn't able to use it myself either.

This is a minor upgrade and versioned 0.4. Still beta and is available here.

Following are the change list:

- Works on FF 4. :)
- A skip button added to the battle interface, as requested by DiMtopia.
- Fixed a small bug which was sometimes causing completely irrelevant arrows to be displayed even when the viewer was not running.
- I might have readjusted battle speed intervals, but I'm not sure.
- In quest and hunt archive pages, tables were hard to read sometimes. Especially "xp" and "hp lost" columns were frequently displayed too close to each other to read those numbers. Now Lmpe adds borders and nicely reformats those tables.
- On hero detail pages, the chosen one shield didn't fit on its line and displayed below others on my both Linux boxes. Lmpe fixes it.

Other than these, I put the code together again to be able work on it. Music turned out to be more difficult than expected. Revamping the stats display at the end of the battle is still in my list but this requires some other effort so that I don't have to wait till the battle is over every time I make a change.

I was also planning about a public quest database where you can automatically post your heroes attributes, current HP, morale along with how many shields he got for that particular quest for the selected level. Essentially, the same thing on the quest help forum, but you can send the entire relevant data with one click when your hero is questing. From wednesday till monday, there will be another button, clicking on it will fetch the data about the same quest people who published using the this method.

What do you fellow lords think about it?
- Would it be useful?
- Too much?
- Is sending your data to someone else's server a frightening idea?
- Worth the effort?
DiMtopia
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 3:39:23 AM

Madrar wrote:
Works on FF 4. :)

indeed it does. :)

Madrar wrote:
- A skip button added to the battle interface, as requested by DiMtopia.

many thanks for that button. makes the viewing a greater pleasure as i take my time to read the phrases and analyse the battle :)

Madrar wrote:
- Fixed a small bug which was sometimes causing completely irrelevant arrows to be displayed even when the viewer was not running.

not sure if it is related but i managed to find 2 bugs.
to replicate them do this:
1. open the viewer select no delay and press play.
2. at the end of the battle press the statistics button in the viewer. a new tab will open with the stats for the battle.
3. close that tab and return at the tab with the viewer. notice the first bug: the tables from the end of the battle are displayed in triplicate.
4. close the viewer and without refreshing the page reopen it for the same battle
5. select no delay and press play. notice the second bug: no more red arrows going back and forth.

Madrar wrote:
- In quest and hunt archive pages, tables were hard to read sometimes. Especially "xp" and "hp lost" columns were frequently displayed too close to each other to read those numbers. Now Lmpe adds borders and nicely reformats those tables.

brilliant Applause
if it's possible could you also colour the failure rows? like for example adding a slight grey shade for the entire row of a failed quest.

Madrar wrote:
I was also planning about a public quest database where you can automatically post your heroes attributes, current HP, morale along with how many shields he got for that particular quest for the selected level. Essentially, the same thing on the quest help forum, but you can send the entire relevant data with one click when your hero is questing. From wednesday till monday, there will be another button, clicking on it will fetch the data about the same quest people who published using the this method.

What do you fellow lords think about it?

i think it's brilliant as long as people click that button and expand the database :)

Madrar wrote:
- Would it be useful?

it sure would

Madrar wrote:
- Too much?

not at all

Madrar wrote:
- Is sending your data to someone else's server a frightening idea?

no. as long as there's no hidden data mining and everybody knows what data they're sending i don't see any problem. those that don't like it don't have to use it.

Madrar wrote:
- Worth the effort?

if our eternal gratitude is enough of a payment then i'd say it's worth the effort :P

Leonidas Atreides
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 4:21:40 AM

Thanks for this update Madrar. My favorite addition is the improved table format for the hunts and quests. I've also come to not mind the lack of music for the LMPT as I use it mainly when looking at upcoming opponents past battles, saving the Pelantas battle viewer with music for the first watch of each Saturday's battle; it is a great help in that regard. As for the public quest database, All I can say is that I think I'd use it,
Jam Greatbeard
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:00:54 PM

Works perfectly now. Thank you for the update, Madrar. And yes it really looks a lot better in hunt and quest archives.Applause
Madrar
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 9:09:25 PM

Firefox releases are extremely frequent these days, so the most recent LMPE is once again outdated and not working under firefox 6.0 which is just released.

I have uploaded a compatible version here: LMPE for ff 6.0-9.0. No changes and features whatsoever this time. I just made sure that it will work until ff version 9.