Pelantas Forum Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LMPE discussion, bug reports and feature requests Options · View
Madrar
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:52:57 PM

Groups: Member

Please feel free to post here your opinions, bug reports and feature requests regarding the LMPE Firefox add-on.

Thanks.
Rhapsody
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 9:06:45 AM

Nice work!!!!!!!!!

"Rhapsody is quite right" - Llorente
Yordeth
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 12:02:27 PM

This is great.Much easier to follow.Like the extra stats at the end too!
Diatome
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 4:56:21 PM

Great work - I'm very impressed Angel
DiMtopia
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 6:30:53 PM

Madrar wrote:
Please feel free to post here your opinions, bug reports and feature requests regarding the LMPE Firefox add-on.

Thanks.

great work mate.
thumbs up for a great plugin and for being the first to create something like this. hopefully more will follow your example.

the new viewer is great but i also feel it lacks some important features.

1. skip button. i watch all my battles using the skip button because i want to set my own pace of reading the comments and analysing the match. with the LMPE i have to constantly press play/pause. it's not a big burden but not a pleasure either.
2. full screen. i feel this is very important especially since you kindly provided some interesting stats at the end of the battle. right now those stats are kinda hard to follow since you constantly have to scroll up and down.
3. the stats could also use some fine tuning:
a. split the heroes according to the team they belong cause right now they are one after another with no separation.
b. the actual hit column could be coloured (green if it's more than expected/red if it's less). this way you could see at a glance how lucky/unlucky you were.
c. team totals.
d. split stats for ranged melee hits. for example a morning star/cross-bow hero might hit 100% with his x-bow and only 20% with the morning star and overall you would get a number that won't tell you very much cause you won't know the melee/ranged distribution.
e. specialities. how many times they were used and they succeeded
f. leadership success. during a battle the leader must encourage the team and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. it would be nice to see this
g. an indicator in the stats table besides the name of the hero that shows it's position (C/P/R)

i hope at least some of these suggestions are possible.

congrats again and i'm looking forwards for new versions. cheers.

Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.
Madrar
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 7:05:17 PM

Thank you very much to everybody who cared to respond. I'm thrilled by the positive reaction. Let's see if it's going to satisfy the lords tomorrow, who choose to watch this week's battle through it.

@DiMtopia:

Except for full screen, all of them seemed possible to me.

1) Skip button. I'll try to include it in the next non-bug-fix release, should be very easy to implement.
2) Full screen. This is not easy. In my laptop, there's almost no vertical space left when the viewer is open. It would also mean variable length arrow images, which is hard, if not impossible as we consider there are countless numbers of different screen resolutions. The viewer being usable on all platforms was my priority, as it is one of the main reasons I decided to make this plug-in in the first place. But I'm aware of the presentation of battle stats is not nice. I'm planning to put the whole stats thing into the main screen, at the end of the battle. That will give enough space for various presentations.
3) Heroes positions are already displayed, right under the morale indicator. Am I missing something here? Did it look different than the snapshot I put on the other thread?
4) Yes, the stats thing will require a complete overhaul. I will certainly work on that. All your suggestions regarding this are excellent and I'll try to implement all of them as the time permits.
DiMtopia
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:14:09 PM

2. if the stats are put in the main screen then i guess the full screen won't be needed and this is probably an easier and definitely more compatible solution
3. i'd like to see the hero positions in the stats table. see point 3.g. in the battle screen they show up ok and function perfectly.

edit// looks like Llorente (i think) put an in-game announcement about this and included a link to the forum. that will hopefully bring more input and perhaps create an appetite for other skilled people to create such plugins.

Leonidas Atreides
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:53:32 PM

Just watched one of my previous battles this season in your viewer and I must say I appreciate the effort you put into it. I think the arrows indicating who is attacking whom each event are especially helpful. I think watching the patterns of the attack arrows on a faster speed could really help bring some clarity to certain battles, as it serves as an illumination of certain tactical choices and is a good indicator of who has the upper hand through out the battle. The biggest downside in my opinion is the lack of the Pelantas Battle music, which really helps to set the battle mood for me.
Neelix
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:23:59 AM

Just a quick reply here on this first sighting of this. (Just come back from the pub) But why did you have to use the battle where you totally trashed me as example. :'(
Madrar
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 7:48:19 PM

Crap, the first "unwatched" battle I watched with the add-on is the one that shattered my dreams of conquest victory :'(

@DiMtopia: Yes, I will prepare a stats screen with different viewpoints to handle all kinds meaningful statistics. I am also honored to see the announcement, it apparently had a very nice impact of increased download rates.

@Leonidas Atreides: About the music, it can be fixed very easily with much better options than just streaming the music. I don't want to to include any music within the plugin as it would greatly increase the file size. But since it is a proper firefox add-on, it's even possible to integrate a custom player so that you can play any tune, not just the official battle music. I always wondered how an industrial or heavy metal or even techno would contribute to the battle atmosphere. Imagine selecting a mp3 file from your pc as the background music. I will have do some research on the subject but it should be quite possible now. Of course I can also stream the official Pelantas music too.

@Neelix: I wasn't the one who beat you, I didn't participate that battle from which I took the snapshot. One of the reasons I chose that battle is that I watched it while I was testing, so I knew it contained maul event. The "stunned!" text is visible in the snapshot, I just thought it would be a good showcase to demonstrate that feature.
Brindleleaf
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:28:08 PM

Nice work Madrar...! Applause

You've added an extra dimension to the game...gratz..!

(and you've got my heroes names up in lights...double gratz..lol!)

I can't wait to see what you add in next.......it's starting to feel like Christmas...!
Belfagor De Belfis
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:28:09 PM

Thank you very much! Now i've no time to give you some report o ideas but i want to give you my support for this work :)
Maldoror
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:48:33 AM

Thanks for the christmas present, Madrar! ;)
I think lord Dimitopia already told you some smart advices to improve the viewer even further, so i'm just going to congrats you :)

PS
Just wondering: do you think it would be possible to have some visual representation of what's going on on the arena? for example showing the ranged behind the protectors, the chargers advancing etc etc..
I think it would be a great way to appreciate the tactical decisions of the two lords, but as I am quite an ignorant in programming i don't have any idea if this would be either very hard or very boring to do. Or both :)
Jam Greatbeard
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 11:22:03 PM

Really a nice job Applause
I especially like the summary in the end, except it has proven my suspicions - that my heroes usually perform below average...
Maldoror
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 12:51:51 PM

It occurred to me that another nice thing to add could be the health bar for the heroes :)
DiMtopia
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:22:54 PM

i don't know if it's just me but since the downtime of the server the LMPE does not work anymore.

Madrar
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:49:41 PM

DiMtopia wrote:
i don't know if it's just me but since the downtime of the server the LMPE does not work anymore.

True, viewer on LMPE doesn't work. Can you inform me about whether the original battle viewer is working? I can't fix mine before I know for sure the original is working.
Leonidas Atreides
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:57:32 PM

Neither the original battle viewer nor your LMPE works for me.
Jam Greatbeard
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 7:52:13 PM

Leonidas Atreides wrote:
Neither the original battle viewer nor your LMPE works for me.

It seems all battle viewer data has been deleted during server move.
I don't know how you get it to work again.
Madrar
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 8:22:33 PM

Jam Greatbeard wrote:

It seems all battle viewer data has been deleted during server move.
I don't know how you get it to work again.

Goffdahl said in another thread that the battle data is deleted. If there is no data then there is nothing to show in the viewer. So I guess when the data becomes present both viewers will start to work again without further effort. This is at least what I expect.